Adam is an English & Wales lawyer. Adam is responsible for the firm’s strategic development, business management, and for the international client relationship program. In his role he takes a multi-faceted role acting as a bridge between English speaking foreign markets and the Polish legal jurisdiction, project managing whether by assisting a new investor to take its first steps into the Polish market, assisting on cross border transactions and helping Polish companies access foreign markets.
In his unique role and with his wider view of the global legal market, Adam is a key strategist with respect to the development and growth of the Firm, and is a driving force behind its innovative approach, with an impetus on bringing a new and modern way of thinking to the Polish legal market. In 2016 Adam was individually commended in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Ranking for “guidance” on an innovative client initiative. Adam remains the only individual in Poland to have been highlighted by the Ranking. His legal background is firmly rooted in insurance law and general commercial litigation having practiced in the UK both in-house and at leading law firms for 10 years, providing general insurance and reinsurance advice, policy and compliance advice and assisting in large value dispute resolution, including property, financial and professional lines.
Of late, Adam has project managed commercial real estate, M&A and private equity transactions, having moved away from traditional legal advice, ensuring a more business-orientated approach to the advice provided by the firm’s lawyers.
Adam previously practiced with renowned London-based UK law firms and in-house. He was previously a partner and shareholder of Kochański Zięba & Partners.
||Greenwich University (LL.B Hons)
||Adam was individually commended in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Ranking for “guidance” on an innovative client initiative. Adam remains the only individual in Poland to have been highlighted by the Ranking.
- Advising Schooner Capital, an American fund in a multi-million investment arbitration dispute against the Republic of Poland under the ICSID Additional Facilities rules and Polish-U.S. Business and Economic Relations Treaty. The dispute concerns the privatization of the Polish fat industry.*
- Advising Darley Energy PLC and Honwood Services Limited with regards an investment arbitration case against the Republic of Poland for the expropriation of the Claimants' investment with respect to prospection and exploration of polyhalite deposits in the Puck region of Poland to a maximum sum of circa EUR 1.4 Billion, including with respect to litigation funding.*
- Advising Work Service S.A. on the first project in Poland for the admission of shares of a company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, with a market capitalization exceeding PLN 800 million, to trading on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market through depositary interests.*
- Advising Redefine Properties Limited on its acquisition of a majority stake in Echo Prime Properties B.V., comprising a portfolio of 18 commercial properties (including shopping malls and office buildings) of a combined value of EUR 1.2 Billion.*
- Advising New York Stock Exchange listed Generac Holdings Inc., on the acquisition of assets of MOTORTECH Holding GmbH & Co. KG.*
- Advising Marlin Equity Partners on the acquisition of technology company Medius Poland.*
- Advising INEOS Upstream Services Ltd on the multi-million pound acquisition of state-of-the-art fracking equipment (including frac spreads and seismic equipment) from Polish company Unified Oilfield.
- *Advice provided at a previous law firm.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.