Of Counsel |
Krzysztof is a leading real estate and construction lawyer with over 16 years of experience in advising both international and domestic real estate market players on various real estate and construction law related matters. His core area of expertise is advising on real estate transactions, asset management and the development of properties.
Krzysztof has advised on transactions relating to the whole range of real estate asset class including offices, logistics, retail and hospitality as well as, of late, on alternative or niche market areas such as PBSA, PRS, co-living, timberland and farmland. Krzysztof has participated in and led on the largest investments concerning the Polish timberland and farmland markets.
His clients include investment and asset managers, private equity real estate funds, family offices and developers, originating from various parts of the world, including Europe, the US, Asia, Middle East and Africa.
Krzysztof is adept and known for guiding new international investors to the Polish market.
Krzysztof gained his experience at both international and Polish firms. Krzysztof started his career at PwC (2004-2007). Subsequently, for 10 years, he was a member of the well regarded Polish legal real estate teams – firstly at Clifford Chance (2007-2010; as Associate) and then as part of a team move to Salans/Dentons (2010-2017; as Associate/Senior Associate). In 2017-2020 he became a Partner at Crido Legal where he headed the highly ranked Real Estate and Construction Law practice.
||Attorney-at-law registered with the Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law
||Białystok University, Faculty of Law (2005)
Erasmus Scholarship at Faculty of Law of Copenhagen University (2003/2004)
||Krzysztof led the real estate practice of a highly ranked law firm with a client advising Legal 500 that, “I especially enjoy working with Krzysztof Marzynski as he really takes his time analysing and assessing the particular case and with impeccable approach and professional acumen, yet without unnecessary stiffness.”
- Advising Corestate on an acquisition of property in Cracow to be converted to a 700 bed micro-living (student housing and serviced apartments) project from Jagiellonian University, including advising on a tender procedure, and negotiating a delegated development agreement for development of the project.
- Advising an international investor on the acquisition of a property in Poznań to be used for a micro-living project.
- Advising an international investor on the acquisition of a property in Wrocław to be converted to a micro-living project from an international bank, including drafting and negotiating a delegated development agreement for development of the project.
- Advising Corestate on a delegated development agreement regarding a student housing project in Gdańsk.
- Advising a CEE developer on the acquisition of a property in Wrocław to be used for a student housing and resi for rent project from an international bank.
- Advising an Israeli investor on the acquisition of a distribution center of a well-renowned tyre company from a local developer.
- Advising a Polish investment fund on the acquisition of an outlet center under development, located in the Sileasia region, from a CEE developer, including dealing with exisiting mezzanine finance and new debt financing.
- Advising an international retailer on the sale of a shopping mall in Bydgoszcz to be converted to an outlet center, to a Polish investment fund.
- Advising a US pension fund’s subsidiaries on the acquisition of a foreign corporate group owning approx. 13 ths ha of agricultural land in Poland from its shareholders, This was the largest farmland transaction in Poland and involving three jurisdictions.
- Advising US pension fund’s subsidiaries on the acquisition of approx. 3 ths ha of agricultural land in Poland from a German family’ office's subsidiary. The acquired was used as a timberland investment.
- Advising Starwood on the acquisition of an office portfolio consisting of 3 properties in Warsaw and Katowice from Ghelamco.
- Advising Penta Real Estate on the acquisition of a property in the Warsaw central district, froma Polish state-owned entity for the development of an office building.
- Advising the joint venture of Bartlet Asset Management and Pears Global Real Estate on the sale and leaseback of 3 OBI stores in Poland.
- Advising a European real estate investor’s subsidiary on the acquisition of a property in the Warsaw central district, from a Polish state-owned entity for the modernization of an existing building to a high-class residential and commercial building, including advice on a tender procedure.
- Advising Peakside Capital on the transfer of management functions, license and title insurance connected with the sale of 3 Fashion House centers in Warsaw, Gdańsk and Sosnowiec to DWS Group.
- Advising Hines on the acquisition of a Polish warehouse portfolio consisting of 5 properties in Poland from Prologis.
- Advising BGK Nieruchomości on the acquisition of a multi-family residential building in Gdańsk from local developer PB Górski.
- Advising Budizol on the acquisition of a property in the Warsaw downtown area from heirs of the former owners of the real estate for modernization of an existing building to a hotel and commercial building.
- Advising CIT Group on the sale of Euromarket Office Center in Cracow to Benson Elliot.
- Advising GTC on numerous acquisitions of real estate in the Warsaw Białołęka district from individuals, required for the development of shopping center Galeria Północna.
- Advising a group of Irish investors on the sale of undeveloped land in the Warsaw Mokotów district to Robyg for development of a multi-family housing complex.
- Advising a UK property and leisure manager and developer on Polish law aspects of its intended investment in residential housing in Poland.
- Advising a real estate investor on Polish law aspects of a multi-jurisdictional credit facility to be granted to another real estate investor for the purpose of acquisition of a number of light industrial properties in several CEE countries.
- Advising a Polish national investment fund on restitution claims of historical owners of a property in the Warsaw Praga district, designated for development of a multi-functional complex.
- Advising an international logistics developer on a set of construction related contracts regarding one of its multitenant big box projects.
- Advising a CEE real estate developer on restitution claims of historical owners of a real estate in the Warsaw Mokotów district, during the sale of an office complex to a European investor.
- On-going advice to a US pension fund’s subsidiaries investing in timber and farmland in Poland on their day-to-day operations, including handling small local area acquisitions and leasing of land, and advising on selected aspects of subsidy payments, and relationships with contracts and local authorities as well as on corporate matters.
- Advising a US pension fund on Polish law aspects of its investments in timber and farmland in Poland.
- Advising European real estate investors on corporate and real estate restructurings of their office real estate, including setting-up corporate entities, co-ordinating works of tax advisors and asset managers, advising on bank matters of the restructurings and drafting documentation regarding transfer of real estate.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.