Marcin is a multi-disciplinary expert with respect to IP; Media & Technology; Data Protection; Commercial Law; and Venture Capital.
IP | Media & Technology
Marcin has been specializing in intellectual property law (with a particular emphasis on copyright law), new technologies law and media law for over 14 years. Moreover, Marcin has particular experience in legal services provided for: (i) entities operating in the media sector, including press and book publishers, television and film producers and broadcasters and institutions of culture, and: (ii) entities operating in the IT / TMT sector, to the extent concerning, among others, implementation and provision of maintenance / support services for software / IT systems and (iii) entities involved in the e-commerce market. He is also a specialist in cybersecurity regulations and is often a first point of call providing emergency support to clients where breaches have occurred.
Marcin also has extensive knowledge of data protection law advising on the adoption and maintaining compliance with the GDPR, data protection audits and dealing with enforcement authorities where a company has not complied.
Commercial Law and Venture Capital
Marcin advises on the whole suite of commercial law contracts relating to intellectual property, media and technology. He has been taking part in over 100 M&A transactions (having been involved during both, due diligence and transaction stages) providing comprehensive advice around IP and Data Protection issues, and, therefore, is also a key member of the Venture Capital team.
Marcin has practiced at well-known and respected Polish law firms Kochanski Zieba & Partners, SPCG, WKB and Gessel.
||Attorney at law
||The Kraków Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law
||The Jagiellonian University in Kraków, the Faculty of Law and Administration (Doctorate in Law, 2013); The Jagiellonian University in Kraków, The Faculty of American Studies (Interdisciplinary doctoral studies, 2011); Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium, The Faculty of Law, LL.M., Intellectual Property Law (2007); The Jagiellonian University in Kraków, The Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Law, 2005); The Jagiellonian University in Kraków, The Institute of Intellectual Property Law, Postgraduate studies in copyright, publishing and press law (2004-2005); The Jagiellonian University in Kraków, The Faculty of Law and Administration, The School of American Law in cooperation with Catholic University of Washington, Columbus School of Law (2004)
- Advising entities conducting business activity related to the media market, including Fremantle Media Polska sp. z o.o., as well as key publishers of dailies and magazines such as: Marquard Media Polska sp. z o.o. and Presspublica sp. z o.o., on protection of exclusive rights in audio-visual, musical and literary works.*
- Advising the Polish Book Institute on the preparation and negotiation of licence agreements for book publications, films, audiobooks, etc. of such works as: "Król Maciuś I”, “Król Maciuś na bezludnej wyspie”.*
- Providing legal services related to the potential acquisition by Ebay Inc. of exclusive rights to the largest online trading platform in Poland.*
- Advising National Film-Archive Audio-visual Institute on legal aspects of digitisation of the archives of TVP. Supporting the Institute's projects related to the promotion of culture.*
- Advising Rights Agency Limited Ltd., one of the largest copyright management agencies on the British market, on a dispute over remuneration due to performers.*
- Advising Telewizja Puls sp. z o.o., Stopklatka S.A. and ITI Neovision S.A. (Canal +) on, among others, conducting of broadcasting activities, including in particular the acquisition of exclusive rights to audio-visual works and musical works, conducting advertising / promotional activities and communication with The National Broadcasting Council.*
- Advising 4Fun Media S.A. on conducting emission activities within such channels as: 4fun.tv, 4fun Dance, 4fun Gold and 4fun Kids.*
- Advising Tauron Energia on implementing and maintaining a comprehensive intelligent metering system AMI.*
- Advising Solari di Udine Spa on implementing and maintaining an IT system ensuring the service of railway traffic at selected PKP railway stations.*
- Advising one of the Polish banks on legal aspects related to the implementation of an electronic document flow and biometric identification system.*
- Advising a leading European manufacturer of ATMs and cash registers on the implementation and maintenance of software supporting these devices.*
- Advising ADP Polska sp. z o.o. on negotiating contracts concerning implementation and support of HR and payroll software.*
- Advising Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa S.A. in the process of preparation of an agreement relating to the implementation of the so called “cafeteria system”.
- Comprehensive implementation of the legal requirements of GDPR in several dozen companies, including, in particular, in companies belonging to the Capital Groups such as: JSW, 4Fun Media S.A., Fitness Platinium sp. z o.o., ATT S.A. and Amusys Productions sp. z o.o.*
- Conducting numerous trainings concerning personal data protection (GDPR), including trainings organized in cooperation with Dziennik Gazeta Prawna.*
- Co-conducting workshops on cybersecurity for employees of key service providers.*
- Advising a multinational Chinese company on a significant data breach.
- Assistance to companies such as Johnson Matthey, EG A/S and OPPO on data protection matters.
- *Advice provided at a previous law firm.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.