Piotr, as a distinguished lawyer in Poland, has practiced law for over 20 years, predominantly at international law firms, either in a local or international partner position.
Piotr’s practice is concentrated on corporate law, and in particular M&A projects and capital markets transactions. In his practice, Piotr specializes on (i) M&A transactions in the public and private market; (ii) transactions on equity capital markets (initial and secondary public offerings of shares, public tender offers, dual listings, delistings, squeeze-outs, and ABB transactions) (iii) corporate matters and (iv) regulatory issues pertaining to entities operating on the capital markets (i.e. public companies).
Piotr’s primary client base includes large and mid-size Polish public companies active in the financial institutions industry, the PE/VC market, TMT industry as well as infrastructure and chemicals industry. Piotr has undertaken some precedent-setting projects for these clients, including the first dual-listing in Poland, the first dual-listing of a Polish company on Frankfurt SE as well as precedent-setting public tender offers for companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
In his career, Piotr has also worked in-house as General Counsel to a leading Polish video games company, having helped the company undertake an IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
||Attorney-at-law registered with the Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law
||- The Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law Attorney-at-law (1998)
- University of Warsaw, Master of Law (1995)
||Since 2007 recommended by Chambers Global and Chambers Europe in the categories: Corporate and M&A and Equity Capital Markets; recommendations from Legal 500 EMEA in the categories: Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A
- Advising Deutsche Bank Polska in connection with a merger of part of its activities (through spin-off) with Santander.
- Representing BNP Paribas Polska in an investment process pertaining to the acquisition of shares in Autenti SA (venture capital).
- Advising private equity fund Enterprise Investors in several M&A projects (investments and exits).
- Advising selling shareholders on three projects consisting in the sale of shares in entities operating pharmacy chains.
- Advising on the acquisition of a majority shareholding in CIECH S.A. for KI Chemistry through a tender offer.
- Advising on the introduction of Ciech SA’s shares to listing on the Frankfurt stock exchange by way of a dual listing.
- Advising the Azoty Group on a restructuring and consolidation project in the Polish chemical industry. The project included corporate elements, M&A and transactions on capital market.
- Advising Zakłady Azotowe Puławy SA aimed at protection against a hostile takeover attempt on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Advising Advanced World Transport in several acquisition projects of Polish railway transport companies.
- Advising the consortium of Citi, Deutsche Bank and DM PKO BP in a transaction of accelerated sale of 12.25% of PKO BP S.A.’s shares.
- Advising V4C (a regional private equity fund) as a co-investor ( with Innova and Montague) on the the sale of Emitel’s shares to Alinda fund.
- Advising United Internet on the acquisition of web domain company home.pl rom V4C private equity fund, including financing of the transaction.
- Advising Arteria, 4Fun Holding regarding the issue of debt securities, transactions on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, corporate issues and regulation issues related to the status of these entities as public companies.
- Advising various PE firms (including Advent International, Innova, Penta) on various M&A/ECM projects.
- Advising Larq on various transactions on the Warsaw Stock Exchange and related regulatory issues (including MAR).
- Advising mBank in connection with a rights issue of the value of PLN 2 billion.
- Legal assistance in preparation of offering documentation in connection with the public offering of shares for a number of companies (e.g. Alior SA, Cyfrowy Polskat SA, BZ WBK SA, mBank, ENEA SA, JSW SA.).
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.