Partner | Warsaw
Tomasz Zaleski is a leading and award winning tax expert. He advises clients in various sectors. Tomasz Zaleski worked in the tax advisory department at Ernst & Young, and later was responsible for tax policy in a media holding company.
Tax | Tax Litigation
Tomasz advises clients on daily tax matters, as well as restructuring and tax optimization by means of both Polish and international holding structures. He has led numerous projects relating to debt restructuring, receivables trading and tax litigation.
Corporate & M&A
Tomasz also has vast experience in handling projects relating to mergers and acquisitions working for corporates and funds.
He is also a specialist in advising on tax aspects related to employment relationships.
||The National Chamber of Tax Advisors
||The University of Lublin (Master of Law, 2001)
||Led the team that won International Tax Review’s: Poland Tax Firm of the Year European Awards 2017 and shortlisted for Poland Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year. Led the team that was shortlisted for International Tax Review’s: Poland Tax Firm of the Year European Awards 2018. A laureate of VIII Ranking of Tax Firms and Tax Counselors 2013, a competition organized by Dziennik Gazeta Prawna daily newspaper.
- Advising Mecom Group PLC on tax aspects of a sale of Polish subsidiaries for PLN 70 million.*
- Advising Mecom Group PLC subsidiaries in Poland on tax efficient management remuneration scheme.*
- Advising Abris Capital Partners and Siódemka S.A. on a tax efficient management remuneration scheme.*
- Structured Media Regionalne IP asset deal value 56 million PLN, aimed at tax optimisation of the group.*
- Representing TUI Poland in PLN 7 million successful corporate income tax litigation.*
- Advising TUI Poland on its takeover and merger of a Polish Holiday retail company.*
- Representing Candido Jose Redrigues S.A. in a dispute with the tax authorities concerning the VAT status (the amount reimbursed to the customer amounted PLN 9 million).
- Advising TUI Poland on a merger and acquisition of a Polish company from the tourism industry.
- Advised the largest Polish Deepwater Container Terminal in a 30 million PLN successful real estate tax litigation.*
- Represented Polskapresse in successful VAT litigation re: a 100 million real PLN estate deal.*
- Advising Groupe Beneteau on the tax aspects of its acquisition of Delphia Yachts.*
- Advising Redefine Properties on the tax aspects of its acquistion of 18 commercial properties for EUR 1.2 billion.*
- Advising Shenzhen Techdow Pharmaceutical on the tax structuring of its European corporate structure and coordinating all foriegn tax advisors involving Poland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK.*
- *Advice provided at a previous law firm.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.