Our team of highly qualified specialists, offers full scope services relating to intellectual and / or industrial property law. This includes, among others, identifying the objects of these rights, which constitute a very important asset of each company, ensuring an appropriate strategy for the protection of these rights, legal support on trading in these rights, and comprehensive legal advice related to their infringement.
- Identification and strategy for the protection of intellectual property rights, including the registration and maintenance of these rights.
- Preparation / negotiation of any contracts involving IP rights, i.e.:
- Agreements transferring copyrights and related rights to works;
- Agreements transferring related rights to the objects of related rights;
- Agreements transferring protective rights or other exclusive rights related to registration of trademarks, patents, industrial designs or other objects of industrial property rights;
- Licensing agreements authorizing the use of the aforementioned objects of rights; and
- Agreements concerning the use of know-how.
- Protection of intellectual property rights against infringements, including full support at every stage of trial and / or pre-trial proceedings.
- Full legal support in terms of any M&A, PE and / or VC transaction which involves the IP rights, in particular, in the process of preparation of DD reports and the preparation and / or negotiation of transaction documents.
Specific Industrial Property:
- Registration and management of trademark portfolios.
- Conducting litigation in proceedings to obtain or maintain trademark protection
- Protection of industrial design and patent, both in the area of reserving and enforcing these rights.
- Combating unfair competition in relation to distinctive signs, protection of know-how, unfair advertising, dissemination of false information and parasitism, and protection of reputation.
- Proceedings for infringement of exclusive rights, including litigation, negotiation of agreements and creation of coexistence agreements.
- Representing our Clients both before national (the Polish Patent Office, and administrative courts), EU (EUIPO) and international (WIPO) institutions.
Advising a company acting as an intermediary in financial transactions on the admission and introduction of the company's shares to trading on the regulated market of the WSE, including: advice on the sale of shares in a public offering via the Internet, intellectual property rights, preparation and negotiation of license agreements for software and IT technologies and agreements transferring copyrights to software, as well as ongoing legal advice related to the use of computer programs and other works within payment terminals.
Comprehensive advice to a global provider of payment solutions on intellectual property rights, preparation and negotiation of license agreements for software and IT technologies and agreements transferring copyrights to software, as well as ongoing legal advice on the use of computer software and other works in payment terminals. Representation of the company in negotiations with Orange on telecommunication agreements.
Ongoing advice on the requirements of the Act on the Provision of Services by Electronic Means, the Act on Consumer Rights, the Act on Copyright and Related Rights, and the Telecommunications Law Act. Drafting agreements concerning the exploitation of intangible property rights, sponsorship agreements, and agreements concerning a brand ambassador.
4fun Media Group
Providing legal services to companies from 4fun Media Group (4fun Media S.A. / Bridge2Fun Sp. z o.o. / Cupsell Sp. z o.o. / Screen Network S.A.) concerning non-material property rights (in particular copyright, related rights, protection of the image and personal rights), as well as acts of unfair competition.
Google Poland Sp. z o.o. and Google Inc.
Ongoing legal services regarding relations with collective copyright and related rights management organizations, consultancy on the localisation (i.e. adjustment to national legal regulations) of global solutions, products and services, and support for the AdWords service regarding regulations on permitted advertising. Support for court proceedings concerning personal rights protection.
Comprehensive legal advice related to contracts for the purchase and maintenance of software for an entity operating in the transport sector, including software for on-line sales of services and communication with consumers. Verification, evaluation and preparation of various types of license agreements (in particular, computer software agreements), maintenance agreements and other agreements related to the provision of IT services. Advising on negotiations conducted by the company, drafting of pleadings and pre-trial letters related to the enforcement of claims for copyright infringement.
Silvair sp. z o.o.
Providing day to day IP advice to the innovative lighting producer, operating in the Polish and US markets, including close cooperation with US patent attorneys in the scope of obtaining US patent protection.
Medical Market Company
IP assistance to a US company operating in the medical market, in the scope of intellectual property protection connected with its cooperation with Polish subcontractors conducting research and development and developing technology in joint venture.
Legal advice relating to drafting the new template contracts to be executed with the contractors / employees, in particular with respect to the specific provisions securing the transfer of the IP rights to the employer.
Our firm consists of nearly 60 people, including lawyers, tax experts and support staff specialising in a range of key practice areas and industry sectors, and located in three offices in Poland.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.