Senior Partner | Warsaw
Rafał is one of the three founding partners of B2RLaw, having previously founded legacy firm Zięba & Partners, and before that Kochanski Zięba & Partners.
Rafał is regarded as a leading Polish authority with respect to real estate having successfully advised on hundreds of transactions. In his career, Rafał has advised on what remains the largest ever commercial real estate transaction involving Poland, and separately, on what was at the time, the largest single property transaction in Poland.
Rafał works predominantly with corporate clients including REITs, real estate funds, private equity funds and developers, overseeing and providing comprehensive assistance in the acquisition or sale (both asset and share deals) of real estate.
Construction | Energy & Infrastructure
Rafał also provides legal support to investors and developers in their investment projects including factories, energy infrastructure, residential and commercial real estate. He is a specialist in resolving complicated real estate problems or disputes.
||The Kraków Bar of Advocates
||The Jagiellonian University of Kraków (Master of Law, 1996).
||Rafał Zięba is a recommended lawyer in Real Estate by Legal 500 EMEA with clients commenting, ‘Rafał Zięba proves to be a good team leader caring about the clients but also its employees, which translates into positive work attitude and devotion.‘
- Advising Redefine Properties Limited on the acquisition of a portfolio of 18 commercial properties (offices and retail shopping centres) for a total value exceeding EUR 1.1 billion from Echo Investment S.A.*
- Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) on the acquisition of a real property at ul. Towarowa 22 (formerly known as Jupiter Centrum), in Warsaw for a value of EUR 120 million.*
- Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) on the acquisition of seven office buildings (O3 Business Campus in Cracow (Phase I, II and III), Tryton Business House in Gdańsk, A4 Business Park in Katowice (Phase III) and Symetris Business Park in Łódź (Phases I and II)) for a value of EUR 264 million.*
- Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) on the acquisition of Galeria Młociny shopping centre for an acquisition value of EUR 115 million and total project budget of approx. EUR 330 million.*
- Advising Aerium Properties / Bainbridge Group, a private equity fund on the purchase of a shopping centre portfolio in Poland and the subsequent return lease of Carrefour hypermarkets operating within the shopping centres with a value of over EUR 1.5 billion.*
- Advising the Skanska Group on the acquisition from the Boryszew Group S.A. of real property located in the centre of Warsaw for the purposes of a high-tech office development. The net value of the transaction amounted to approx. PLN 96 million; which places the transaction as one of the largest ever on the Polish land investment market in terms of value.*
- Advising YIT Development, in the acquisition of real property located in Warsaw for the purposes of a residential development. *
- Legal assistance in a merger transaction between two sales and advertising offices belonging to Ringier Axel Springer Polska, the largest media group in Europe and Onet Group, the largest internet group in Poland, creating a new entity under the name of Media Impact Polska, the largest integrated sales company in Poland in the media sector.*
- BSR Europe (BSR Group). Advising a group of companies specializing in real estate development, project management and engineering on the acquisition and commercialization of Bratislava Business Centres for over 180 million PLN.*
- Gerium Polska Development Group and Kraków City Park. Advising on the acquisition of loans (secured and non-secured) in the amount of PLN 80 mln.*
- Advising The Plaza Centres Group, a developer of shopping and entertainment centres, on the acquisition and commercialization of several shopping centres and office space throughout Poland for over 610 million PLN.*
- Siódemka S.A. (DPD Group). Legal assistance on corporate restructuring of a leading courier enterprise in Poland, linked with its merger with the majority shareholder. Legal assistance in the introduction of bonds to the alternative trading system on the Catalyst market (Warsaw Stock Exchange).*
- Mota-Engil Central Europe (Emparque). Advising the consortium in a project concerning tenders for building underground car parks in Cracow, Poznań and Wrocław, including environmental issues.*
- *Advice provided at a previous law firm.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.