Environmental, Social & Governance
Business leaders face greater pressure to increase their organizations’ resilience while simultaneously addressing environmental and social issues of importance to stakeholders.
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) is rapidly developing as a key set of international standards and metrics to appraise the investments.
Investors, banks and public procurement initiators increasingly evaluate companies based on their real commitments to sustainability, ethics, transparency, and accountability. Our practice helps organisations navigate the legal, business and political ramifications of developing and implementing ESG initiatives.
We advise on matters such as stakeholder engagement, corporate governance, crisis management, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, climate change, diversity and inclusion, ethics and compliance.
B2RLaw’s multi-disciplinary Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) lawyers advise clients across a number of industries and technologies to help them capitalize on the opportunities and mitigate the risks through ESG. Our team also comprises lawyers that have worked at high-level in-house positions at national and multinational companies, bringing an understanding of the challenges of ESG from an internal perspective.
Private Equity, Venture Capital & Investment Funds
- Advising on ESG disclosure requirements
- Assistance with strategic planning, adoption of policies, procedures, standards and metrics
- Advising on compliance for Investment Managers and Funds
- Internal examinations of ESG practices and procedures
- Impact investing (public and private)
Banking & Financial Services
- Advising on sustainability finance, green and sustainability bonds
- Advising on infrastructure development financing
- Support in creating AML procedures
- ESG governance advice including board oversight of ESG risk, adoption of principles, policies, and procedures relating to ESG matters, and board diversity and inclusion
- Support in supply chain and operational compliance with new laws and regulations related to green-house gas emissions
- Support in climate change impact measurements, offsets, mitigation
- Support in anti-corruption rules and regulations
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Conducting M&A due diligence for ESG risk and valuation
- Advising on environmental health & safety policies and procedures
- Support in energy and natural resources law
- Advice in respect to renewable Energy development, finance, permitting and implementation
Environmental Health & Safety
- Environmental litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution
- Advice concerning geolocation strategies and compliance with new regulations
ESG as an Employment Strategy
- Advising on employment matters, including benefits, compensation, diversity and inclusivity at all corporate levels
- Advising on whistleblowing regulations
- Advising on information technology, data security and resilience
- Strategic intellectual property counselling
- Support in technology innovation and adoption of new technologies
- Representing in environmental disputes
- Representing in energy and natural resources disputes
- Representing in Human Rights matters
A Polish start-up
Support to a Polish start-up in the preparation of software for managing ESG implementation.
A Polish company
Support to a Polish company in establishing a foundation promoting ESG.
Entities from the financial and accounting industry
Advising entities from the financial and accounting industry on provisions of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, including the preparation of AML procedures.
An entity from the fuel and energy sector
Preparation and supervision of an environmental audit conducted on the production plant of an entity from the fuel and energy sector.
Our firm consists of nearly 60 people, including lawyers, tax experts and support staff specialising in a range of key practice areas and industry sectors, and located in three offices in Poland.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.