Financial Services & Insurance
We provide legal services to clients in the financial sector, including the banking, insurance, non-banking finance, fintech and investment sectors.
Our financial services team delivers clear, decisive and practical Polish regulatory advice on governance, compliance and enforcement issues to the financial services industry. Our team has a deep understanding and extensive expertise in commenting on the latest legal regulations and in representing clients before supervisory authorities, including the Financial Supervisory Authority (PL. Komisja Nadzoru Finansowego) and the National Bank of Poland (PL. Narodowy Bank Polski).
Our financial services team also has extensive and longstanding experience in providing services to the insurance industry and advice on insurance products. We have experience in participating in legislative work related to insurance market regulations including, among others, new law relating to insurance and reinsurance. We have market leading experience in advising on both large and complicated insurance claims. We have experience in representing insurers and reinsurers in pursuing subrogated claims in litigation.
Interest and activity in financial technology or FinTech has grown dramatically over the last few years, and our lawyers are well-positioned to offer clients the benefit of our extensive tech experience, combined with regulatory and financial services knowledge.
- Regulatory advice on the financial sector, including the requirements of regulatory offices, e.g. KNF, UOKiK, as well as advice on | MAR | MiFID | AML | Compliance.
- Providing opinions on internal banking and financial regulations.
- Preparing documentation on services provided by banks and other financial companies (e.g. loan agreements, framework agreements, security for receivables).
- Advising on the protection of banking/professional secrecy.
- Comprehensive advisory on personal data processing and consumer profiling.
- Advising insurers in relation to general terms and conditions of insurance.
- Advising insurers, policyholders, claimants and insurance agents in court proceedings involving insurance and compensation claims.
Our firm consists of nearly 80 people, including lawyers, tax experts and support staff specialising in a range of key practice areas and industry sectors, and located in three offices in Poland.
Get in touch
Not sure who to contact? Let us help you find the right lawyer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.